Getting Started with HashiCorp Nomad
HashiCorp Nomad is a rising star in the world of data centers and container orchestration. This course will get you started on the journey to implementing and administering a Nomad environment.
What you'll learn
Nomad is a leader in their field and will help orchestrate your data in an environment that is easily administrable. In this course, Getting Started with HashiCorp Nomad, you will learn foundational knowledge of Nomad. First, you will learn how to evaluate use-cases where Nomad is extremely valuable. Next, you will explore the operational basics with node and job management. Finally, you will gain an understanding of the protocols powering Nomad clustering. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of HashiCorp Nomad needed for implementing and administering a Nomad environment.
Table of contents
- Creating and Monitoring Nomad Jobs 1m
- The Nomad Job Specification 3m
- Regions and Datacenters 4m
- Environment Variables 2m
- Nomad Job Workflow 2m
- Demo: Job Submission and Job validation 4m
- Demo Commands: Submitting a Nomad Job 2m
- Demo: Nomad Job Inspect 7m
- Managing Nomad Jobs 1m
- Demo: Stop Jobs and Trigger Evaluations 5m
- Module Review 1m