Illustrator CC Print Production
Designing for print can be a complicated process, but with this course, you’ll learn the basics of the printing process and how best to prepare your files for final delivery.
What you'll learn
Whether you're a graphic designer or not, creating the design for your printed work is the fun part. However, getting it printed can be challenging. If you're not aware of the key processes involved, it can cost a lot of time and money to fix. In this course, Illustrator CC Print Production, you'll learn how to efficiently use Adobe Illustrator as a tool for creating printed products. First, you'll begin by diving into dealing with linked vs. embedded images. Next, you'll discover how to know that you have the right licenses for the fonts you're using. Finally, you'll explore the different types of printing that would cause you to need special care at the end of your process. By the end of this course, you'll approach the printing process confidently knowing that what you see on screen is what you'll expect when the printer hands you the final product. Software Required: Adobe Illustrator CC 2017+.
Table of contents
- Creating Print-ready Documents in Illustrator 7m
- Creating Multi-page Documents in Illustrator 7m
- Working with Linked Images and Cloud Assets 6m
- Dealing with Font Licensing Issues 3m
- Understanding Process vs. Global Colors 7m
- Previewing Final Design and Separations 7m
- Understanding Raster Effects Settings 8m
- Creating and Exporting PDFs 10m