LFCE: Linux Service Management - Advanced Email Services
In this course, you will learn common email architectures, and you will explore installing Postfix. After that, you will look at common SMTP scenarios and learn how to secure email relay services and provide clients access to email with IMAP.
What you'll learn
Take your Linux sysadmin skills to the next level and get started on your LFSA/RHCSA or LFCE/RHCE path. In this course, LFCE: Linux Service Management - Advanced Email Services, you will dive into learning about SMTP services so you can provide a reliable and secure messaging platform for your systems. First, you will learn common email architectures. Next, you will discover how to implement email services with Postfix, a common email server. Finally, you will explore common mail scenarios, including how to secure email relay services and provide client’s access to email with IMAP. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of email services needed to enable messaging in your Linux based environment.
Table of contents
- Introduction, Course Overview, and Module Overview 1m
- Configuring Postfix as an Internal Mail Server 4m
- Configuring a Mail Relay for a Host 1m
- Demo: Configuring an Internal Mail Server, Sending Mail, and Configuring a Relay Host 7m
- Controlling Mail Flow with Postfix Tables 3m
- Demo: Controlling Access to Our Mail Relay and Configuring an Email Alias 11m
- Accessing Email with Dovecot 1m
- Demo: Installing and Configuring Dovecot 6m
- Module Summary and Thank You! 1m