Using Polylines and Hatch Patterns to Draw a Lumber Detail in AutoCAD
In this set of tutorials, we'll take a step-by-step approach to drawing a lumber construction detail. Software required: AutoCAD 2014.
What you'll learn
In this set of tutorials, we'll take a step-by-step approach to drawing a lumber construction detail. We'll start from the ground up and begin with the foundation. We'll learn how to use Polylines and Hatching to get the foundation in place. Next, we'll draw the sill plate and studs included in the detail. While we draw each element in the detail, we'll be sure to manage our Linetypes, Layers, and Hatch Patterns accordingly in order to create a well-organized drawing. Finally, we'll add some text and leaders to reinforce the graphic components of our drawing. By the end of this tutorial, you'll have a solid understanding of how to draw a simple lumber-construction detail using mainly Polylines and Hatch Patterns. You'll also learn to create a drawing that is well-organized, detailed, and professional. Software required: AutoCAD 2014.
Table of contents
- Drawing the Foundation Using Polylines 11m
- Drawing Sheathing and Gypsum Board 6m
- Drawing the Sill Plate and Fastener 9m
- Using a Linetype for Insulation 9m
- Using Polylines to Draw the Siding 9m
- Using a Linetype to Draw the Siding Fasteners 9m
- Using Hatch Patterns to Define Materials 7m
- Adding Multileaders and Text to the Plan 12m