Introduction to C# Plug-in Development for Maya 2019
This course will provide an understanding of development setup, overview of Maya API modules, anatomy of a C# plug-in, limitations, and a walk-through of some devkit examples.
What you'll learn
Since Extension 2 of Autodesk Maya 2013, the Maya .NET API, was introduced, developers gained the ability to create C# plug-ins for Maya using Microsoft's .NET technology. Like the Maya Python API, the .NET API is generated from the Maya C++ API, but with the added advantage of having corresponding classes containing the same names and set of functions. In this course, Introduction to C# Plug-in Development for Maya 2019, you'll gain a better understanding of how to use Maya .NET API to develop C# plug-ins. First, you'll discover how to make a dependency node. Next, you'll get a better understanding of the Maya API design. Finally, you'll explore node attributes and examine plug-ins from Maya's devkit. When you are finished with this course, you should have a better understanding of how to use C# plug-in development for Maya 2019.
Table of contents
- Module Overview & Learning Goals 1m
- Understanding the Maya API Design 4m
- Class Types of the Maya API 3m
- 10 Frequently Used Classes - Part 1 7m
- 10 Frequently Used Classes - Part 2 8m
- Node Attribute Types of the Maya API - Part 1 9m
- Node Attribute Types of the Maya API - Part 2 7m
- Common Attribute Properties & Array Attributes - Part 1 8m
- Common Attribute Properties & Array Attributes - Part 2 5m
- Benefits and Limitations of .NET Plug-in Development 4m