Introduction to Character Look Development in V-Ray and Maya
If you want to create interesting and unique looks for your characters, this course is perfect for you. You'll get in-depth look at Shader look development and lighting in V-Ray and Maya, how to create a look-development asset, and more.
What you'll learn
V-Ray is an advanced raytracing engine by Chaos group that offers an advanced rendering platform as a plug-in for Maya and other 3D rendering platforms. This course, Introduction to Character Look Development in V-Ray and Maya, will teach you how to use V-Ray to render and light unique and high-quality characters. First, you'll be brought up to speed with some of the latest advanced shading, especially in relation to the VRayFastSSS2 Shader. Next, you will learn how to create a look-development asset, as well as how to shade and light your creature. Finally, you'll explore the complex Shader development work flow within V-Ray and Maya and learn how to make sense of it for your own needs. By the end of this course, you'll not only have a finished render of a creature, but you'll also have the skills you need to work in V-Ray and Maya to bring your own characters to life in the future.
Table of contents
- Introduction To Module and The VRayFastSSS2 Shader 7m
- Understanding Scene Scale in Relation To VRayFastSSS2 Shader 10m
- Setting Character Asset In Relation To Scene Scale 9m
- Exploring VRayBlend Material In Relation To VRayFastSSS2 7m
- Applying VRayFastSSS2 Shader to Character Asset And Adjusting Textures 8m
- Continue Adjusting The VRayFastSSS2 Shader 6m
- Refining Reflection Parameter on The VRayFastSSS2 Shader 6m
- Final Adjustments and Module Summary Shader 6m