Methods for Drawing the Human Hand
We'll begin this process by learning how to block out the structure of a hand using specific shapes and forms. Software required: Photoshop CC 14.2.
What you'll learn
We'll begin this process by learning how to block out the structure of a hand using specific shapes and forms. From there we'll see how we can break those forms down even further to clearly establish the spatial and proportional relationships for the different components that make up the hand. Once we have gained an understanding of these structural relationships for the hand, we'll explore a more simplified blocking approach to draw another hand pose. We'll also study an approach for drawing a side view of the hand. Finally we'll explore how we can sketch three-dimensional shapes to block out and draw a more dynamic hand pose. After watching this tutorial, you'll have learned some really handy tips on how to draw the human hand more effectively for your own projects. Software required: Photoshop CC 14.2.
Table of contents
- Basic Shapes for Establishing Hand Proportions 7m
- Guides for Placing the Fingers 10m
- Drawing the Palm Side of the Hand 9m
- Drawing the Back of the Hand 9m
- Simplifying the Hand's Construction for a Relaxed Pose 9m
- Blocking out the Hand from the Side 9m
- Drawing Form for the Hand's Side Pose 8m
- Blocking out a Dynamic Hand Pose 9m
- Drawing the Form of Our Dynamic Hand Pose 7m