Designing a Data Archiving Strategy on Microsoft Azure
This course will teach you about common business and legal requirements for data archiving and how to use some available tools and services needed to design and implement a data archiving solution using Microsoft Azure.
What you'll learn
If you need to design and implement a data archiving solution using the Microsoft Azure platform, it is important to have a basic understanding of core concepts. In this course, Designing a Data Archiving Strategy on Microsoft Azure, you will learn about common business and legal requirements for data archiving and how to use available tools and services. First, you will learn about the use cases for data archiving and enabling enterprise compliance. Next, you will explore transferring data to Azure storage, and learn more about Azure tiered storage. Finally, you will discover Azure storage pricing considerations, and look at creating lifecycle policies for Azure blob storage. By the end of this course, you will start designing your own data archiving strategy with Microsoft Azure and also learn how you can do that in the Azure portal.
Table of contents
- Introduction 3m
- Understanding Use Cases for Data Archiving 4m
- Why Use Azure Backup and Archiving? 3m
- Demo: Replacing Traditional Backup Solutions 8m
- Storing and Archiving Individual Files in Azure Storage 2m
- Demo: Storing and Archiving Individual Files 7m
- Azure Storage Compliance Offering 2m
- Transferring Data to Azure Storage 2m
- Demo: Transferring Data to Azure Storage 4m
- Immutable Blobs Features 4m
- Summary 3m