Rehosting Workloads to Microsoft Azure
This course identifies the resources, tools, and methods needed to complete a successful virtual machine and SQL database workload migration to Azure.
What you'll learn
Migrations can be daunting, whether it’s on-prem to on-prem, or on-prem to the cloud. In this course, Rehosting Workloads to Microsoft Azure, you will learn foundational knowledge of what is required to successfully migrate your workloads to Microsoft Azure. First, you will learn how to determine your on-premises Azure readiness. Next, you will discover the assets, resources, and services needed to migrate a virtual machine to Azure. Finally, you will explore how to determine your on-premises SQL instances Azure readiness and migrate those instances to an Azure SQL Managed Instance. When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of rehosting workloads to Azure needed to migrate your own workloads to Azure.
Table of contents
- Overview 2m
- Database Platforms 2m
- Data Migration Assistant 2m
- Assessing SQL Instances 2m
- Demo: Assess SQL Instances Using Data Migration Assistant 3m
- Azure SQL Managed Instance 1m
- Prepare Target Environment 1m
- Demo: Prepare Target Environment 5m
- Prepare Source Environment 0m
- Demo: Prepare Source Environment and Migrate to Azure 6m
- Summary 1m