Open Source Your GitHub Project
Going open source is much more than releasing the code. This course will teach you how to care for your open source product and the community around it.
What you'll learn
Releasing a product to the open source community can bring you a lot of users, but it also poses challenges. In this course, Open Source Your GitHub Project, you’ll learn to lead a project that the users will love. First, you’ll explore the responsibilities of a project maintainer. Next, you’ll discover how to build, grow, and nurture the community. Finally, you’ll learn how to ensure the longevity of your project. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of open source licensing, community management, and product development needed to maintain a successful open source project.
Table of contents
- Module Overview 1m
- Why Is Building a Community Important? 6m
- The Ethical Aspects of Open Source 4m
- How Can Code of Conduct Help My Project? 3m
- How Contribution Guidelines Help with Code Quality? 3m
- Pull Request and Issue Templates 4m
- Demo: Adding Documents and Templates 5m
- Automated Quality Checks 5m