Penetration Testing: Setting the Scope and Rules of Engagement
Penetration testing is in high demand. This course will teach you what a penetration test consists of, as well as how to deliver a professional penetration testing engagement for paying customers.
What you'll learn
Penetration testing is in high demand with the need to meet compliance standards and combat security breaches. In this course, Penetration Testing: Setting the Scope and Rules of Engagement, you'll learn fundamental knowledge and gain the ability to scope a penetration testing engagement with paying customers. First, you'll explore how penetration tests are structured. Next, you'll dive into learning the tools and methodologies used to execute professional penetration tests. Finally, you'll discover how to structure deliverables in the form of work breakdown structures and final reports for your customers. When you're finished with this course, you'll have the necessary knowledge to structure penetration testing engagements needed to organize and deliver a successful and professional penetration testing engagement.
Table of contents
- Characteristics of a Professionally Delivered Penetration Test 8m
- Identifying a Customer’s Penetration Testing Objectives 7m
- Understanding Common Customer Business Drivers 8m
- Initial Scoping and Compliance Considerations 5m
- Business Analysis and Threat Modeling 7m
- Internal, External, and Hybrid Pen Testing 8m