Planning and Configuring Managed Metadata in SharePoint 2019
Every organization can benefit from implementing data classification and taxonomy. This course will teach you how to configure the managed metadata service to support both taxonomy and folksonomy, as well as how to use these terms within content types used to classify content.
What you'll learn
Content added to SharePoint is sometimes not easy to find and identify, especially when it has not been tagged or classified.
In this course, Planning and Configuring Managed Metadata in SharePoint 2019, you’ll learn to implement the components required to ensure end-users can tag and classify content easily.
First, you’ll explore creating:
- Term sets
- Taxonomy structure
Finally, you’ll learn how to manage and secure the managed metadata service.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of Configuring and managing the Metadata Service needed to ensure content is tagged, classified, and easy to find within SharePoint.
Table of contents
- Agenda 1m
- Understand Managed Metadata Service 5m
- Terminology 4m
- Features and Functions 3m
- Demo: Review the Managed Metadata Service 5m
- Create the Term Store Structure 5m
- Demo: Creating the Term Store Structure 9m
- Managing Term Store Structure 5m
- Demo: Managing the Term Store Structure 13m
- Summary 1m