Play by Play: Azure Security with Mark Russinovich
There are many security questions to answer when considering migrating from an on-premise infrastructure to the cloud. Is my data secure from bad guys? Is it safe from the cloud provider? Are they mining customer data? Once we move virtual machines into the cloud, is there anything we can do as administrators, or that the cloud provider can do to make our systems secure? In this Play by Play, we tackle these questions and more with Mark Russinovich, CTO of Microsoft Azure.
What you'll learn
Play by Play is a series where we sit down with industry experts and discuss a specific problem or issue in real time - unscripted, unrehearsed, and unfiltered. This edition of Play by Play is a deep dive into cloud security with one of the leading security experts in the industry, Mark Russinovich, CTO of Microsoft Azure. Mark Minasi asks the difficult questions that every DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Architect, and SysAdmin wonders when considering moving to the cloud. Is my data secure from bad guys? Is it safe from Microsoft? Are they mining customer data? Once we move virtual machines into the cloud, is there anything we can do as administrators, or that Microsoft can do to make our systems secure? Learn what Microsoft is doing to ensure security and how Azure differs from other cloud services in this Play by Play.
Table of contents
- Is the Cloud as Secure as On-premise? 7m
- What About Threats and Breaches Within Microsoft? 10m
- Customer Security Considerations and Benefits of Azure for IaaS 8m
- Azure Penetration Testing 4m
- Discovering the Real Value Proposition of the Cloud 4m
- Security Benefits of Cloud-based SQL Server, Office, and AD 8m
- What if a "Zero Day" Scenario Occurs? 6m
- Can We Mitigate the Risks of "Cloud Monoculture?" 5m