Querying and Shaping Data in Power BI Using M
We all have to deal with dirty data. By using the M language, we can clean and prep our data for use in Power BI. M turns manual data cleanup into an automated process.
What you'll learn
We all have to deal with semi-structured data that is scattered across multiple data sources. In this course, Querying and Shaping Data in Power BI Using M, you'll learn how the Power Query formula language known as M can automate data cleanup. First, you'll learn how to extract trapped data. Next, you'll discover how to massage and shape it. Finally, you'll explore how to work with text and date values. By the end of this course, you'll have a deeper understanding of the M language.
Table of contents
- Why Is Our Data Trapped? 4m
- Extracting from Flat Files 3m
- Demo - Extracting from CSV and Excel 3m
- Extracting from Hierarchical Data Sources 6m
- Demo - Extracting from XML and JSON 4m
- Extracting from Relational Databases 4m
- Demo - Extracting from Relational Databases 5m
- Extracting from Online Sources 5m
- Summary 0m