Protocol Deep Dive: IGMP and MLD
Many engineers struggle with IP multicast. This IGMP and MLD deep dive builds a strong foundation into host-to-router multicast signaling. It includes extensive demonstrations, packet capture deep-dives, and troubleshooting techniques.
What you'll learn
IP multicast is a challenging topic in networking to master. In this course, Protocol Deep Dive: IGMP and MLD, you will learn foundational knowledge of/gain the ability to how hosts communicate their interest in receiving multicast to the network. First, you will learn about IGMP, the IPv4 protocol used to share this information within the context of a real network. Next, you will discover the inner workings of MLD, the IGMP equivalent in the IPv6 world, along with all its enhancements and caveats. Finally, you will explore how to design your security infrastructure to "play nice" with IGMP and MLD, along with mastery of a powerful troubleshooting tool called multicast traceroute. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge surrounding IGMP and MLD needed to troubleshoot and optimize multicast transport at the network edges.
Table of contents
- How Multicast Traceroute Really Works 4m
- Demo: Multicast Traceroute in Action 3m
- Analysis: Successful Multicast Traceroute Request 6m
- Analysis: Successful Multicast Traceroute Response 5m
- Demo: Finding the Fault with Multicast Traceroute 1m
- Analysis: Failed Multicast Traceroute Packets 3m
- Security Design for IGMP and MLD 4m