Importing Data: Python Data Playbook
In order to work with data in Python, you need to know how to get data into Python. This playbook defines data import recipes for common data import problems you’ll encounter using Python.
What you'll learn
Python is one of the most powerful and widely used languages to work with data. In this course, Importing Data: Python Data Playbook, you will learn foundational knowledge and gain the ability to import data from multiple different file formats, including: text, tabular data, binary formats as well as from databases. First, you will learn how to import text and CSV files. Next, you will discover how to import data from JSON, XML, SAS, Stata, HDF5, Matlab, Pickle files, and more. Finally, you will explore how to import relational data from databases, including: SQLite, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. When you're finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of importing data into Python needed to analyze, visualize, and in general work with data.
Table of contents
- Importing Data into Python from Relational Databases 1m
- Importing sqlite Database Files 4m
- Taking Advantage of pandas DataFrames When Querying sqlite 2m
- Working with Databases Using SQLAlchemy 5m
- Importing Data from Relational Databases with pandas (MySQL) 4m
- Working with PostgreSQL with psycopg2 and SQLAlchemy 2m
- Importing Relational Data 2m