Malware Detection and Analysis with Python
Malware triage and classification can become time-consuming. This course will teach you automate malware analysis with Python.
What you'll learn
Organizations are faced with a high volume of threats on a daily basis, with defenders having a finite capacity to investigate these threats by performing manual analysis and correlation. In this course, Malware Detection and Analysis with Python, you’ll learn to automate malware triage, detection, and analysis. First, you’ll explore some of the core packages such as yara-python that facilitate triage and classification. Next, you’ll discover how to interact with 3rd-party services to establish the file disposition/reputation. Finally, you’ll learn how to extract artifacts and indicators from files to enable more in- depth analysis. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of python scripting and automation needed to uplift malware detection and analysis workflows and capabilities.
Table of contents
- Introduction 3m
- Performing File Classification with Python 4m
- Demo: Performing File Classification with Python 8m
- Working with File Hashes 4m
- Demo: Creating File and Import Hash Signatures with Python 9m
- Identify Malicious Patterns with Yara 5m
- Integrate with the VirusTotal API 8m
- Getting Familiar with Existing Solutions 3m