Quick Start to NUKE: Volume 1
In this first volume of the Quick Start to NUKE, we'll cover the basics of getting started working in NUKE. Software required: NUKE 8.0v1.
What you'll learn
In this first volume of the Quick Start to NUKE, we'll cover the basics of getting started working in NUKE. We'll discuss navigation and the interface. We'll cover methods of working with Read nodes and compositing those images with Merge nodes. We'll learn a little about the RGBA channels and how to access those. We'll also learn about two nodes used for color correcting and in what instances you use that type of node. Afterwards, we'll discover a few other nodes that can make your composites look really polished after the majority of the hard work is finished. If you want to learn NUKE and are a total beginner or you just need to brush up on your NUKE skills, the Quick Start to NUKE is a great place to jump in, get knowledge fast, and start creating your own amazing composites. Software required: NUKE 8.0v1.
Table of contents
- User Interface Basics and Reading Images into NUKE 8m
- Navigating the Viewer and Changing Project Settings 7m
- What Is Merging? 10m
- Pass Color Correction Techniques 9m
- Practicing Merging and Color Correcting 8m
- Using an Alpha Pass with a Copy Node 9m
- Adding the Ground Shadow 6m
- Additional Color Corrections 9m
- Finishing Touches 8m
- Volume 1 Assignment 2m