React 18: First Look
This course will teach you what new features React 18 brings including Suspense which is built on the new React Concurrent Rendering.
What you'll learn
The React 18 release includes a completely new rendering engine which is exposed through the all new Suspense Element. In this course, React 18: First Look, you’ll learn what new features are coming in the latest React 18 update and how they will help you build better apps. First, you’ll explore what all the new features in the React 18 release are. Next, you’ll discover how these features will benefit you when you upgrade your apps to React 18. Finally, you’ll learn what steps are necessary to actually update your app from a previous version of React to version 18. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have an excellent understanding of what is coming in the React 18 release, including the all new Concurrent Rendering engine, as well as understand what changes you’ll need to make to use Suspense in your apps.
Table of contents
- React 18 Brings Concurrent Features and the All-new Suspense 4m
- The Motivation for Suspense in Our React Apps Explained 3m
- Simplifying Our Async Component Using Third Party Libraries Like SWR 4m
- Nesting Suspense Components and Fallback UIs 2m
- Hooking into the Component Lifecycle Using Suspense 4m
- Generating a Unique Id for HTML Elements 2m
- Batching State Updates for Fewer Page Renders 1m
- Takeaways 1m