Renovation Projects in Revit
In this set of tutorials, we'll learn how to use Revit to model, document, and present a renovation project. Software required: Revit 2015.
What you'll learn
In this set of tutorials, we'll learn how to use Revit to model, document, and present a renovation project. We'll begin the process with an architectural model of the building we're planning on remodeling. We'll learn how to start working with phasing and the phase filter by setting all existing building elements to their proper phase. Next, we'll edit the model and determine which elements to demolish and which elements to keep. Once we've set the stage for our project, we'll begin modeling the new portion of the model starting with the foundation and eventually the exterior wall enclosure. Finally, we'll learn how to use design options to present multiple design solutions for our project. By the end of this tutorial, you'll learn how to work with project phasing, design options, and set up views to illustrate important details about your project. Software required: Revit 2015.
Table of contents
- Setting the Existing Building to the Correct Phase 11m
- Determining What Portion of the Building to Demolish 6m
- Setting up the Substructure of the Addition 9m
- Modeling the Foundation of the Addition 8m
- Modeling the Superstructure of the Addition 8m
- Adding the Roof to the New Addition 8m
- Modeling the Floors for the New Addition 7m
- Exploring the Views Created by Phasing 5m
- Using the Design Options Tool 7m