Retopologizing a High-resolution Sculpt for Games in 3D-Coat
During this tutorial, we will build a game-res mesh from a high-res sculpt. Software required: ZBrush 4R4, 3D-Coat 3.7, TopoGun 2 W64, Photoshop CS4.
What you'll learn
During this tutorial, we will build a game-res mesh from a high-res sculpt. We will then transfer the high-res detail so our game model looks as close as possible to our high-res character. We will start by retopologizing our character in 3D-Coat, then we will create UVs in 3D-Coat. Next, we will transfer all of the maps using TopoGun. Finally, we will view our final result in Marmoset Toolbag. Software required: ZBrush 4R4, 3D-Coat 3.7, TopoGun 2 W64, Photoshop CS4.
Table of contents
- Learning the Ins and Outs of Retopology 9m
- Understanding More About Retopology 12m
- Getting Our Topology to Flow 11m
- Exporting Our Low-res Game Mesh 8m
- Learning How to UV Using 3D-Coat 11m
- Learning More About UVs in 3D-Coat 14m
- Finalizing Our UVs and Applying Them 8m
- Transferring Our Maps 9m
- Putting Our Maps Back Together 13m
- Previewing Our Game Character 11m