Modeling Building Exteriors with Pattern Based Curtain Panels in Revit
In this course, I’m going to show you how we can use curtain panel patterns and a few tools in the massing and pattern based environment to create unique building exteriors.
What you'll learn
In this course, I’m going to show you how we can use curtain panel patterns and a few tools in the massing and pattern based environment to create unique building exteriors. Working in these two environments is a great way to experiment with form generation during the conceptual phase of the design process. It’s also as easy way to take a basic form or concept and develop the design three-dimensionally. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to use curtain panels for more than just glass panel curtain walls. You’ll be able to create unique and innovative building exteriors with just a few steps. Finally, you’ll gain hands-on experience with using adaptive points to create flexible geometry that you can apply to wide range of forms.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Getting Familiar with the Curtain Panel Panel Based Template 6m
- Adding Reference Points and Parameters 8m
- Modeling Geometry onto the Curtain Panel 7m
- Modeling Additional Structural Supports 9m
- Adjusting Constraint Properties to Clean the Geometry 3m
- Modeling the Panel Frames 5m
- Applying Material to the Pattern Geometry 9m