Rotoscoping in After Effects
In this series of tutorials we will learn how to get started rotoscoping in After Effects. Software required: After Effects 22.214.171.124.
What you'll learn
In this series of tutorials we will learn how to get started rotoscoping in After Effects. We start out by learning how to draw and edit masks, followed by how you can use these masks to create rotoscopes for more complex shapes. We learn some valuable techniques for masks used with color correcting versus masks used to cut a shape out of its background. From there, we move onto animating the masks, along with the technique for how to set your keyframes and in what order. We then learn a few valuable tricks to speed up the rotoscoping process, and we finish with learning how to output a mask for later use. By the end of this training, whether you are a beginner or someone brushing up on your skills, you'll be well on your way to rotoscoping quickly and intuitively. Software required: After Effects 126.96.36.199.
Table of contents
- Drawing Masks with the Pen Tool 10m
- Editing a Mask 9m
- Techniques for Masking a Complex Shape 7m
- Rotoscoping for Color Correction and Other Effects 5m
- Transferring a Mask from One Layer to Another 3m
- Animating Masks 9m
- Controlling the Mask Edge and Opacity 7m
- Reusing Keyframe Data 8m
- Animating a Complex Rotoscope 9m
- Integrating Rotoscoped Footage with a Background Plate 3m
- Outputting Masks into an Image Sequence for Later Use 5m