Running Queries and Visualizing Data with Databricks SQL
To get an understanding of data, you need to analyze it using a variety of different techniques. This course delves into the use of SQL queries, and especially visualizations and dashboards to identify patterns and trends in data.
What you'll learn
What makes Databricks SQL such a powerful tool for data analysts is that it allows data to be examined in many different ways from a single platform. In this course, Running Queries and Visualizing Data with Databricks SQL, you'll learn about SQL queries, visualizations, and dashboards to get an all-round understanding of data. First, you'll discover basic visualizations such as line charts and pie charts out of the results generated by a query execution, and cover how these can capture useful patterns hidden in the data. Next, you'll explore some of the specialized charts such as maps and word clouds which have limited use cases, but are still very powerful and keep end users engaged. Finally, you'll learn different types of SQL queries and how these tie in to visualizations and dashboards in Databricks SQL. Once you've completed this course, you'll have the practical knowledge and skills required to analyze big data in an effective and efficient manner, and make the best use of the features of Databricks SQL.
Table of contents
- Course Prerequisites and Outline 2m
- An Overview of Databricks SQL 3m
- Queries and Visualizations in Databricks SQL 6m
- Demo: Creating a Table with Databricks SQL 5m
- Demo: Building a Line Chart 6m
- Demo: Adding Charts to Dashboards 4m
- Demo: Duplicating a Visualization 3m
- Demo: Plotting a Basic Pie Chart 4m
- Demo: Defining Pie Charts for Different Groups 2m
- Demo: Parametrized Queries and Visuals 7m