Searching and Manipulating Data in Excel 2016
If you always find yourself encountering pre-filled Excel workbooks, the skill to search and manipulate data within them is crucial. With topics like data validation and what-if analysis, teaching you those skills is what this course aims to achieve.
What you'll learn
If you're a business analyst or even a regular spreadsheet user, rather than creating a spreadsheet from scratch, you'll mostly encounter them already filled with plenty of data. It then becomes imperative that you understand how to search and manipulate data within these.
And helping you do that is exactly what this course - the 2nd in the Microsoft Excel series at Pluralsight - is targeted towards.
In the first two modules, we’ll mostly deal with how to work and manipulate an excel workbook/worksheet that already contains the required data. Here we’ll deal with things like data validation and conducting what-if analysis.
The second module deals with navigating an excel worksheet/workbook. Here we’ll learn methods that help us search the required data and navigate to it. We’ll also talk a bit about inserting and removing hyperlinks.
In the last module, we’ll be dealing with how to insert data into excel cells. This will include learning to paste data with special paste options, filling cells with autofill and inserting and deleting cells themselves.
When you're finished with this course, you'll have the skills and the practice required to search and manipulate spreadsheet data with Microsoft Excel.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Module Introduction 2m
- Data Validation in Excel 2m
- Demo: Data Validation Scenarios 4m
- What-If Analysis 2m
- Demo: What-If Analysis with Scenario Manager 4m
- Demo: What-If Analysis with Data Table 4m
- Demo: What-If Analysis with Goal Seek 2m
- Text-to-Columns Tool 4m
- Extract or Combine Data with Flash Fill 3m
- Summary 1m
- Module Introduction 1m
- Manipulating Data in Excel 2m
- Demo: Changing the Text Case in Excel 2m
- Demo: Sorting and Filtering Data in Excel 3m
- Demo: Combining Data Using the Concatenate Function 2m
- Filling and Pasting Data into Cells 1m
- Demo: Filling Cells in Excel Using AutoFill 3m
- Demo: Paste Options in Excel 3m
- Insert or Delete - Cells, Rows and Columns 4m
- Summary 1m