Configuring and Administering Splunk Indexer Clusters
This course will teach you how to configure and administer all the components of a Splunk Indexer Cluster.
What you'll learn
Managing large scale Splunk environments and Index Clusters can be a daunting task. In this course, Configuring and Administering Splunk Index Clusters, you’ll learn how to configure and administer all the components of a Splunk Indexer Cluster. First you’ll learn about the purpose, important concepts, and architecture of both single-site and multi-site indexer clusters. Next you’ll explore how to setup all the components of an Indexer Cluster. Finally you’ll discover how to monitor and administer an Indexer Cluster using the Splunk Monitoring Console and Command Line Interface. By the end of this course you’ll have all the skills and knowledge needed to successfully configure and administer Splunk Indexer Clusters.
Table of contents
- Overview 1m
- Two Ways to Get Data into a Splunk Indexer Cluster 2m
- Splunk Forwarder Configuration 5m
- Understanding Indexer Discovery 3m
- Configuring Indexer Discovery 5m
- Indexer Discovery Options 4m
- Configuring a Search Head in a Splunk Indexer Cluster 5m
- Searching in a Splunk Indexer Cluster 4m
- Summary 1m