Performing Basic Splunk Searches
In this course, you will discover how to explore your Splunk data using Splunk Search. Learn the building blocks for powerful search commands in Splunk. Follow along as the basics of the Splunk search are covered.
What you'll learn
Searching machine-generated data can be difficult. In this course, Performing Basic Splunk Searches, you will gain foundational knowledge of Splunk Search and gain the ability to build your own Splunk queries. First, you will learn how to navigate the Splunk Search interface. Next, you will discover how to write Search Processing Language queries from scratch. Finally, you will explore the Splunk commands. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of searching data in Splunk needed to excel as a Splunk user or admin.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- What Is SPL? 3m
- Demo: Customizing the SPL Editor 3m
- Building SPL Queries 3m
- Demo: Chaining SPL Commands 3m
- SPL Filtering & Modifying Search Results 3m
- Demo: Filtering & Modifying Splunk Search Results 3m
- SPL Ordering Search Results 2m
- Demo: Ordering Splunk Search Results 3m
- Summary 1m