Submerging a Scene Through Photo Manipulation
By utilizing the techniques and approaches applied in this tutorial, you'll be able to add another level of creativity to your own photo manipulation projects. Software required: Photoshop CS6.
What you'll learn
By utilizing the techniques and approaches applied in this tutorial, you'll be able to add another level of creativity to your own photo manipulation projects. We'll begin this process by examining our original photo containing our head sculpture which will be the main focal point of our final scene. We'll learn how we can separate our head sculpture from its original background by using the quick mask tool and a layer mask. From here we'll embark on a series of lessons where will block in various photographic elements of water to create ocean waves and an underwater environment in which our head sculpture will be submerged. Along the way, we'll explore incorporating additional textures and other storytelling imagery into our submerged water concept in addition to some digital painting. Software required: Photoshop CS6.
Table of contents
- Masking out the Head 10m
- Blocking in Ocean Surface Water 13m
- Blocking in Underwater Photographic Elements 13m
- Adjusting the Values of the Submerged Head 12m
- Painting in Additional Underwater Elements 8m
- Painting Textures on Our Submerged Head 10m
- Adjusting the Underwater Lighting 4m
- Painting Splashing Water Around Our Submerged Head 12m
- Incorporating the Sky and Horizon 12m
- Painting in Additional Colors 7m
- Adjusting the Depth of Field 9m