Transitioning Environments from Realistic to Fantasy in Photoshop
Throughout this Photoshop tutorial we'll learn how to work with lighting, texture and composition in digital matte painting. Software required: Adobe Photoshop CS6.
What you'll learn
Throughout this Photoshop tutorial we'll learn how to work with lighting, texture and composition in digital matte painting. We'll also learn how to set up a proper scene and master the transition from a normal green environment to a fantasy electrical night environment. We'll master color changes, color correction techniques and use specific matte painting techniques to let our imagination fly. By the end of this Photoshop training, you'll have mastered new skills to visually transition one scene into a completely different look. Software required: Adobe Photoshop CS6.
Table of contents
- Scene Planning and Color Schemes 4m
- Choosing the Right Photos 6m
- Defining the Overall Composition 10m
- Building and Merging Our Main Elements 10m
- Detailing, Adding Atmosphere and Color Correction 9m
- Transitioning from Day to Night 8m
- Completing the Day to Night Transition 14m
- Adding Details and Light Reflections 9m
- Creating Custom Brushes 8m
- Reviewing Our Scenes 4m