Ubuntu Linux Administration: Essential Commands
Linux is everywhere and sits at the heart of cloud computing making it hard to avoid. This course will teach you the skills needed to effectively navigate and use the Linux command line interface.
What you'll learn
The command line can be a daunting place not matter the operating system. In this course, Ubuntu Linux Administration: Essential Commands, you’ll learn to effectively navigate and the important commands. First, you’ll explore and use the all-important shortcuts. Next, you’ll discover the power of the find command. Finally, you’ll learn how to manage file permissions. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of Linux administration needed to manage basic settings on a Linux server or desktop.
Table of contents
- Understanding File Metadata 4m
- Listing Metadata 6m
- Working with Links 8m
- Working with Umask and Default Permissions 5m
- Understanding Chmod and Setting File Permissions 5m
- Basic Permissions Using Chmod 5m
- Advanced Permissions Using Symbols 6m
- Ownership and File Access 4m
- Minimum Directory Permissions 4m
- Summary and What's Next 2m