Using Match Photo in SketchUp
In this set of tutorials, we'll learn how to use the Match Photo method to create 3D interior and exterior models. Software required: SketchUp.
What you'll learn
In this set of tutorials, we'll learn how to use the Match Photo method to create 3D interior and exterior models. We'll begin by importing an image into the modeling environment. From there, we'll learn how to use the Vanishing Point Bars, the Horizon Line and the Grid to match the photo to our scaled modeling environment, as accurately as possible. Once we've created our 3D model from a 2D image, we'll explore a couple other ways the Match Photo method could potentially benefit your modeling and design work flow for both exterior as well as interior projects. By the end of this course, you'll have completed your first model using the Photo Matching method. In addition to that, you'll have learned everything you need to model from photos and work with design options. Software required: SketchUp.
Table of contents
- Identifying the Three Match Photo Options 5m
- Matching the Modeling Space to an Image 9m
- Modeling the Basic Form of the Building 8m
- Creating Window Openings on the Building Shell 10m
- Adding the Photo Texture to Your Model 6m
- Using Match Photo for Exterior Renovations 9m
- Adding Building Elements to the Existing Building 7m
- Using the Match Photo Technique for Interiors 8m
- Finishing the Interior Model 8m
- Modeling 3D Fixtures from 2D Images 5m