Creating a Vector Car Animation in After Effects
In this series of tutorials, we will learn how to create a 2D car animation in After Effects. Software required: After Effects CS6.
What you'll learn
In this series of tutorials, we will learn how to create a 2D car animation in After Effects. We will start by learning how to import an Illustrator file as a composition. We will then move on to animating some of the layers that are closest to the viewer in our scene. At this point, we start to introduce some basic expressions and effects that make animation a lot faster and easier to control. We also talk about a few different ways to work back and forth between Illustrator and After Effects. Lastly, we talk about changing the general atmosphere of our scene right inside After Effects instead of having to go into those original source files and make changes there. Software required: After Effects CS6.
Table of contents
- Importing Our Layers and Animating the Scene 13m
- Animating the Background Layers 12m
- Creating Loopable Layers in Illustrator 14m
- Re-linking the Illustrator Layers 6m
- Animating the Car 9m
- Changing the Atmosphere of Our Scene 15m
- Animating the Sun and Rain-ahead Sign 10m
- Adding the Rain and Lightning 14m