Visual Studio 2022: Big Picture
Visual Studio 2022 is the latest edition of Microsoft’s most powerful Integrated Development Environment. This course will teach you what it is and why you should use it.
What you'll learn
Selecting the right Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for your software development is hard. In this course, Visual Studio 2022: Big Picture, you’ll learn how Visual Studio 2022 can help you with software development. First, you’ll explore how Visual Studio fits in the Microsoft ecosystem. Next, you’ll discover the release cadence and editions of Visual Studio. Finally, you’ll learn what functionality Visual Studio provides. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the knowledge of Visual Studio 2022 needed to know why and when you should use it.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- What to Expect from This Course 1m
- The Road to Visual Studio 2022 5m
- Visual Studio Is Created with User Feedback 1m
- What Is the Release Cadence of Visual Studio? 3m
- Where Does Visual Studio Fit in the Microsoft Ecosystem? 5m
- A Look at Visual Studio Editions and Benefits 3m
- What Functionality Does Visual Studio Provide? 4m
- Extending Visual Studio 1m
- Where To Go Next 2m