VMware NSX for vSphere Introduction and Installation
This course walks you through the benefits, use cases, and requirements for installing VMware NSX. The process for doing the base install of NSX is also covered in-depth with a lab.
What you'll learn
VMware NSX is a new Software-Defined Networking (SDN) platform from VMware. In this course, we look at the benefits that NSX provides as well as common use cases. The course goes through the different components that are installed for NSX and the considerations for implementation that you should be aware of before starting. Finally, the actual process for installing the base VMware NSX components is shown with an in-depth lab.
Table of contents
- Introduction to VMware NSX and vSphere Networking 5m
- What Is the vSphere Distributed Switch? 6m
- About the vSphere Distributed Switch 6m
- VDS Lab 9m
- Quick Look at VXLAN 5m
- NIC Teaming and Load-Balancing 4m
- The Different Load-Balancing Methods 6m
- Load-Based Teaming, LACP, and Explicit Failover 5m
- VMware NSX and Supported Teaming Methods 5m
- Other Considerations and Summary 4m