Windows Registry Troubleshooting
This course teaches how to troubleshoot any kind of Registry problem in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
What you'll learn
Nothing happens on a PC without the Registry being involved. This "nervous system" for your PC controls everything from start-up, to software installation, driver management, and configuration. This course, Windows Registry Troubleshooting, will take you on a deep-dive into the Registry, showing you what's what, and how to repair any type of Registry problem for multiple users on a PC. You'll also explore the tools and utilities available to help you edit and manage the Registry. Finally, you'll learn how to manually control and manipulate Registry entries for troubleshooting. By the end of this course, you'll have an understanding of troubleshooting Windows Registry and the best methods for doing so.
Table of contents
- Module Introduction 1m
- What Causes a Registry Corruption? 2m
- The System File Checker 4m
- The System File Checker Demo 2m
- Restoring a Corrupt Registry with System Restore 5m
- Manually Creating a Restore Point 2m
- Using System Restore on a Non-bootable PC 3m
- Using Automatic Startup Repair 2m
- Invoking the Last Known Good Configuration in Windows 7 2m
- Rolling Back Faulty Drivers 2m
- Summary 1m