Xamarin.Android: Getting Started
Want to learn how you can use your C#, .NET, and Visual Studio skills to build native Android apps? In this practical course, you'll learn how to do so by building an application using Xamarin.Android.
What you'll learn
Building Android apps used to require Java or Kotlin knowledge. For .NET developers, it was hard to reach this massively popular mobile operating system. In this course, Xamarin.Android: Getting Started, you will gain the ability to build native mobile apps using .NET and C#. First, you will learn the fundamentals of Android. Next, you will discover how to build a full application with real-life screens and navigation. Finally, you will explore how to integrate native platform features such as maps. When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Xamarin.Android needed to build native mobile Android apps.
Table of contents
- Module Introduction 1m
- Fundamentals of Xamarin.Android 6m
- Demo: Creating a New Project 4m
- Working with Views and Permissions 10m
- Demo: Creating the First View 8m
- The Activity Lifecycle 4m
- Demo: A First Look at the Lifecycle 3m
- Code-sharing with Xamarin 2m
- Demo: Creating the Shared Code 5m
- Summary 1m