In Cloud Provider Comparisons, we take a look at the same cloud services across the three major public cloud providers – Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). In this video, we focus on networking. We explore the basics of networking, and then dive deeper into peering and gateways, and load balancing. If you’re curious about how the networking services of AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform match up, watch on to find out more!
1:05 Networking basics
3:42 Peering and gateways
8:13 Load balancing
Here’s some more detail on networking services/concepts we cover in this episode:
- Networking basics: Azure VNet, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Google Cloud Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Peering and gateways: hub and spoke solutions, Azure VPN Gateway, Azure ExpressRoute, AWS Transit Gateway, AWS Direct Connect, Google Cloud VPC Network Peering, Google Cloud Shared VPC, Google Cloud Interconnect, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Load balancing: Azure Load Balancer, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Traffic Manager, Azure Front Door; AWS Network Load Balancer, AWS Application Load Balancer, Amazon Route 53; Google Cloud Internal TCP/UDP Load Balancing, Google Cloud External HTTP(S) Load Balancing
A Cloud Guru Networking courses:
- Networking Foundations: https://acloudguru.com/course/networking-foundations
- Introduction to Networking on Azure: https://acloudguru.com/course/introduction-to-networking-on-azure
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Speciality: https://acloudguru.com/course/aws-certified-advanced-networking-specialty-2
We’re busy creating more in this series – subscribe to stay updated on when we drop a new video!
Let us know in the comments what other cloud services you’d like to see us cover!
- Sign up for a free ACG account: https://bit.ly/2R07VSz
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/acloudguru
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/acloudguru
- Join the conversation on Discord: https://discord.com/invite/acloudguru
Travis’s blog: https://www.ciraltos.com/
In Cloud Provider Comparisons, we explore and compare the same cloud service across the three major public cloud providers - Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Cloud Provider Comparisons