Tech Skills Day 2023
Last Modified March 27, 2023
DISCLAIMER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OF A PLURALSIGHT OR A CLOUD GURU SUBSCRIPTION OR A PURCHASE OF ANY OTHER KIND DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Pluralsight’s Tech Skills Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, and Spain, who are of the age of majority in their country and who have registered for Tech Skills Day. (collectively, “Entries”, and each, an “Entry”). Employees, officers, and/or directors of Pluralsight, LLC (“Pluralsight” or “Sponsor”) and its affiliates are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully, unconditionally bound by Pluralsight’s Tech Skills Day Sweepstakes Rules (the “Rules”), and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Pluralsight as final and binding as it relates to the content of the Rules or outcome of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will start on March 27th, 2023 and end on April 20th, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All Entries will be accepted starting on March 27th, 2023 12:00:01 AM MST. Entries must be completed by April 20th, 2023 11:59:00 PM MST.
4. How to Enter: To be eligible to win a Prize as outlined in Section 5 below, you must (i) complete registration for Tech Skills Day and attend one (1) session of the event or (ii) send a self-addressed postcard, postage pre-paid, with your name, e-mail, and return address to Pluralsight, ATTN: Sweepstakes Name, 42 Future Way, Draper, Utah, 84020, United States during the applicable Sweepstakes Period. You may only submit one postcard per Sweepstakes Period. Pluralsight is not responsible for lost or stolen postcards. In the event a Postcard Entry is received after the applicable Sweepstakes Period as set forth in Section 3 above, you will not be eligible for any prizes. Each Entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements as specified in these Rules to be eligible to win a prize.
Entries that are not complete, or do not adhere to these Rules or specifications, may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Pluralsight. You may enter only once. This means that you may not enter more times than indicated during any one given Sweepstakes Period by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Rules. If you use fraudulent methods to enter the Sweepstakes, submit more than one Entry during the Sweepstakes Period, or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Pluralsight.
5. Prizes: Each Entry received will be entered to win one of 5 512 GB Steam Decks. Prize winners will be selected by Pluralsight in a random drawing taking place on or about the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Should a winner be located outside of the United States, in lieu of a Steam Deck, Pluralsight may choose to send a Steam gift card valued at approximately the same price as the Steam Deck.
No purchase of any kind, including a Pluralsight subscription, is necessary in order to enter the Sweepstakes or win any prize, and the chances of winning are not enhanced by making any purchases.
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Pluralsight. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Pluralsight’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all prize(s) are non transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any applicable taxes, levies, duties, costs, charges or deductions, or any charges of equivalent effect, as imposed by any tax or other authority in respect of the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize, or transfer/assignment of prize to others, or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s office at 42 Future Way, Draper, Utah, 84020, United States. Winners will be notified via the contact information provided in each Entry within ten (10) business days following the winner selection. Pluralsight shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information, or the configuration of a winner’s email account. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) business days after it sends the award notification, or the Winner fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT PLURALSIGHT’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Sweepstakes you understand that Pluralsight, anyone acting on behalf of Pluralsight, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or compensation, to use the Entry and winner’s name, image, voice, likeness, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for marketing purposes. Any sensitive personally-identifiable information given while entering will be processed in accordance with Pluralsight’s Privacy Notice, located at http://www.pluralsight.com/privacy.
9. Terms: Pluralsight reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Pluralsight may select the winner(s) from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Pluralsight. Pluralsight reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Rules.
Pluralsight has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple Entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple Entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by these Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts, or other technical means for entering, or other violation of these Rules.
Any attempt by you to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Pluralsight reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Pluralsight. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
10. Limitation of Liability: By participating in or entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Pluralsight and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of your Entry.
11. Disputes: As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Privacy Notice: Any information submitted with your Entry is subject to the Privacy Notice stated on the Pluralsight website. To read the Privacy Notice, click here.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Pluralsight, 42 Future Way, Draper, Utah, 84020, United States.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Pluralsight, LLC 42 Future Way, Draper, Utah, 84020, United States (“Pluralsight”).
[END OF SWEEPSTAKES RULES]