Proper and timely incident response including gathering data and preservation of evidence is critical to a successful response and investigation. In this course, Operations and Incident Response for CompTIA Security+, you’ll learn to how to assess your organizational security and respond to cyber-related incidents. First, you’ll explore the tools and techniques associated with network reconnaissance and discovery. Next, you’ll learn the steps in the incident response process along with the various attack frameworks and testing methodologies. From there, you’ll learn the components of a proper communication plan, business continuity and disaster recovery plan to help prepare for, and respond to, a cyber event. Finally, you’ll learn key aspects of digital forensics. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge necessary to not only plan and prepare for cyber events, but to respond and investigate when they do.
Recommended order of completion:
1. Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities for CompTIA Security+
2. Architecture and Design for CompTIA Security+
3. Implementation of Secure Solutions for CompTIA Security+
4. Operations and Incident Response for CompTIA Security+
5. Governance, Risk, and Compliance for CompTIA Security+
6. CompTIA Security+: Exam Briefing
Table of contents
About the author
Chris is a lifelong learner and professional information technologist, trainer and IT Manager. Married with 3 children, Chris is interested in martial arts, working out, spending time with family and friends and being creative whenever possible.