Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery
The third course in this course series is Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery.
What you'll learn
The third course in this course series is Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery. Here we will build on your growing knowledge of SQL as we dive into advanced functions and how to break apart a complex query into manageable steps.
We will cover the internal architecture of BigQuery (column-based sharded storage) and advanced SQL topics like nested and repeated fields through the use of Arrays and Structs. Lastly we will dive into optimizing your queries for performance and how you can secure your data through authorized views.
After completing this course, enroll in the Applying Machine Learning to your Data with Google Cloud course.
Table of contents
- Advanced functions (Statistical, analytic, user-defined) 8m
- Analytic functions, WITH clause, and RANK() 5m
- BigQuery User-Defined Functions (UDFs) 2m
- Sub-query and CTE design 4m
- Lab Intro: Deriving Insights from Advanced SQL Functions 0m
- Pluralsight: Getting Started with GCP and Qwiklabs 4m
- Lab: Deriving Insights from Advanced SQL Functions v1.5 0m
- BigQuery versus traditional relational data architecture 11m
- Denormalized, column-based storage 4m
- Table sharding 8m
- Introducing nested and repeated fields 4m
- Introducing arrays and structs 18m
- Flattening arrays: Legacy versus Standard 1m
- Module summary 2m
- Lab: Working with JSON, Arrays, and Structs in BigQuery v1.5 0m