Animating a Walking Quadruped in Toon Boom Harmony Premium
In this Toon Boom Harmony Premium tutorial, we'll learn how to animate a walking quadruped. Software required: Toon Boom Harmony Premium 12.1.
What you'll learn
In this Toon Boom Harmony Premium tutorial, we'll learn how to animate a walking quadruped. We'll learn how to create all the poses needed to animate a walk for any type of quadruped. We'll begin by providing an overview of the cutout horse rig we'll be using to create these poses. From here, we'll spend several lessons creating the key poses for the horse followed by copying and pasting keyframes to create the remaining poses needed to complete the walk. Following this, we'll spend some time editing some in-between poses and animating the tale and mane. We'll conclude by seeing how we can cycle and translate the horse through a scene over time. By the end of this Toon Boom Harmony Premium training, you'll have a better understanding of how to animate any type of quadruped. Software required: Toon Boom Harmony Premium 12.1.
Table of contents
- Overview of the Horse Rig 12m
- Keying Our First Extreme Pose 8m
- Keying Our Second Extreme Pose 10m
- Keying in Our Third Extreme 7m
- Keying in Our Final Extreme 8m
- Copying and Pasting Key-frames to Complete the Horse's Walk 12m
- Animating the Head 8m
- Animating the Torso 9m
- Editing Some In-between Poses 9m
- Animating the Tail and Mane 10m
- Translating the Walk 14m