Building an IT Strategic Plan
Having a vision is good, but even better is being able to realize that vision. This course will teach you how to understand where things are at in your organization today, how to clarify your vision, and will help you build a roadmap to get there.
What you'll learn
Have you ever seen an opportunity to make your company's IT department more effective? In this course, Building an IT Strategic Plan, you’ll learn everything you need to know about how to build your plan. First, you’ll examine how to build relationships so that you become an important influence. Next, you’ll discover how to assess the current state of the company, and how to clarify your vision. Finally, you’ll explore various considerations for building a roadmap to your future. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll know how to build your strategic plan, and how to communicate that plan to others.
Table of contents
- Introduction 2m
- Business Context 3m
- Business Situation's Impact on IT 4m
- Defining the Plan's Scope 3m
- Laying Down the Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles 2m
- Identifying IT Goals 3m
- Identify the Initiatives and Tying Them to IT Goals 4m
- Sequencing Initiatives and Building the Roadmap 3m
- What's It Going to Cost? 3m
- Module Summary 1m