Building a Logo for a Law Firm in Illustrator
In this collection of lessons, we will walk through the process of building a logo for a law firm. Software required: Illustrator CS5.
What you'll learn
In this collection of lessons, we will walk through the process of building a logo for a law firm. We will get started by examining our concept sketch and looking at the best way to build our logo. Because our logo features an interlocking puzzle pattern, we will focus first on the best way to go about building this portion of the graphic. In doing this, we will learn how to use some really great tools for building custom shapes, including the Illustrator shape builder tool and the pathfinder panel. From here, we will shift our focus to the type in our logo by integrating a letterform into the center of our graphic. Not only will we learn how to execute this, but also why the target typeface was chosen. To wrap things up, we will prepare our logo for presentation by adding color and utilizing it in several different scenarios. After finishing this course, you will have a good understanding of the mechanics that go into constructing a logo in Adobe Illustrator. Software required: Illustrator CS5.
Table of contents
- Beginning to Create the Interlocking Puzzle Pieces in Our Logo 14m
- Duplicating and Warping the Notches for Our Puzzle Pieces 10m
- Merging the Different Objects Together for Each Puzzle Piece 10m
- Getting Rid of the Stroke Around Each Puzzle Piece 8m
- Integrating a Letterform into Our Graphic 12m
- Creating Supporting Type for the Logo 13m
- Exploring Color and Presentation Options 9m