Confident Coding: A Journey to Automated Testing in ASP.NET MVC
A step by step guide - with real constraints and complexity - to having more confidence in the code you write through effective, automated testing.
What you'll learn
Would you like to have more confidence developing new code, verifying the behavior of your new code faster, and running through many different scenarios at the push of a button? What if you could make changes and not worry about breaking existing behavior, and decrease the number of problems with code? Are you curious about unit testing but never had the chance to try it out? Or, have you had a bad experience with unit testing in the past? In this course, I'll teach you how to have confidence in changing existing code and developing new code through a variety of techniques that center around effective automated testing. You'll learn by following along with a real problem, with real constraints.
Table of contents
- Next Stop: Using a Testing Framework 1m
- Features a Framework Might Provide 4m
- Convert a Scenario to NUnit and Execute It with NUnit (Demo) 9m
- Convert Verification to NUnit (Demo) 3m
- Running Tests Inside Visual Studio (Demo) 4m
- Convert Scenario Naming to NUnit (Demo) 3m
- Simplifying Verification with NUnit (Demo) 7m
- Convert Remaining Scenarios (Demo) 5m
- Conversion Review 3m