SharePoint 2010 for Web Designers - Part 1, Fundamentals
Learn the fundamentals of site branding and Web design in SharePoint 2010.
What you'll learn
This course covers the fundamentals of site branding and Web design in SharePoint 2010. Special attention is given to discussing the differences between team sites and publishing sites from the perspective of a Web designer. You will learn how SharePoint 2010 uses master pages and CSS files to give all the pages in a SharePoint site their standard look and feel. You will also learn how to customize the look and feel of a site using SharePoint Designer 2010 by adding custom CSS files and extending and overriding the default CCS rules used by SharePoint 2010.
Table of contents
- Introduction 0m
- SharePoint Branding Overview 13m
- SharePoint Architecture 17m
- Inspecting the Master Page Gallery and the Style Library 4m
- Introduction to SharePoint Designer 2010 6m
- Getting Started with SharePoint Designer 2010 6m
- Anatomy of a Team Site 7m
- Working with Wiki Pages in a Team Site 10m
- Anatomy of a Publishing Portal 8m