Developing Docker Apps: Core Principles
Docker provides the de facto standard developer experience for containerized applications. This course will teach you the core principles for developing containerized applications with Docker, focusing on recognized best practices.
What you'll learn
Establishing a productive environment for developing containerized applications can be tricky. In this course, Developing Docker Apps: Core Principles, you'll learn the techniques that are necessary to be successful in developing with Docker. First, you'll discover how to develop inside containers to speed up your development workflow. Next, you'll explore some best practices for making your containers lean and more secure. Finally, you'll learn how to debug your applications when they're running in a container. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge to confidently develop software applications using a container-oriented workflow.
Table of contents
- Module Outline 2m
- Understanding the Relationship between Image Layers and Image Size 5m
- Taking Steps to Minimize Image Content 4m
- Structuring a Dockerfile for Build Efficiency 7m
- Optimizing Image Size with Multi-stage Builds 3m
- Demo: Creating an Optimal Image Build for an Application 8m
- Module Summary 2m