Drawing Life Through Line and Form
By gaining a better understanding of how we can translate lines to forms, you'll be able to breath added life into your own drawings and sketches. Software required: Photoshop CS6.
What you'll learn
By gaining a better understanding of how we can translate lines to forms, you'll be able to breath added life into your own drawings and sketches. We'll begin this process by examining what defines a line, shape, and form. From there, we'll explore how we can use contour lines and cross contour lines to add more dimension to a flat object. Following this, we'll learn about line weights and how we can apply them to add volume. Along the way, we'll also explore how we can capture action and movement by drawing continual gesture lines. In addition, we'll focus on rendering a human skull where we'll learn how to add value with hatching and cross hatching lines. Finally, we'll finish with learning how to establish an implied line to differentiate form and space. Software required: Photoshop CS6.
Table of contents
- Defining Line and Form 7m
- Visualizing Objects Through Contour Drawing 10m
- Drawing with Line Weights 11m
- Establishing Form Through Line Gestures 13m
- Drawing Contour Lines on Top of Our Line Gesture 8m
- Creating Value Through Hatching Lines 10m
- Building up Values and Adding Texture Through Cross Hatching 10m
- Cross Contour Hatching on Our Skull 9m
- Creating an Implied Line Around Our Skull 7m