Creating Dynamic Components in SketchUp
In this SketchUp tutorial we'll learn how to create Dynamic Components. Software required: SketchUp .
What you'll learn
In this SketchUp tutorial we'll learn how to create Dynamic Components. We'll begin with a brief discussion on the scope of our design problem as well as what dynamic components are and how they can benefit our 3D modeling library. Once we have an understanding of the benefits of creating and working with Dynamic Components, we'll begin creating all the sub-components of our shelving system. We'll learn how to create sub-components and also assign predefined and custom attributes to each piece of our shelving system. Doing this will allow us to create an intelligent, flexible and reusable component, essentially saving us a ton of time on future projects. By the end of this SketchUp training you'll know how to create components with predefined and custom attributes and parameters. The end result is a component that is flexible and reusable for various projects. Software required: SketchUp .
Table of contents
- A Brief Discussion on Dynamic Components 9m
- Creating Sub-components and Assigning Attributes 7m
- Building the Left Sub-component with Attributes 8m
- Finishing the Last of the Sub-components 6m
- Assign Predefined and Custom Attributes Our Component 5m
- Applying Formulas to the Attributes 9m
- Applying More Formulas to Each Attribute 7m
- Applying Formulas to the Left and Right Sub-components 6m
- Applying Formulas to the Top and Back Sub-components 6m
- Applying Copies and Hidden Attributes and Formulas 7m
- Applying Material Attributes the Main Component 10m