Energizing Your Logos with 3D Animation in Photoshop
In this course, we'll go over taking a 2 dimensional logo through to a simple 3 dimensional animation. Software required: Photoshop CS6 Extended.
What you'll learn
In today's digital world, to think about a logo only in terms of it's usage in print is a huge mistake. A logo appears in so many different places, most of which are digital in nature. We'll get started by learning how to take our vector logo and convert it into extruded 3D objects in Photoshop. To improve it's visual aesthetic in 3D space, we'll also learn about things like materials and textures followed by lighting. Next, we will drop our 3D logo onto Photoshop's timeline and create a simple animation for it. To wrap things up, we'll learn how to export our final rendered video out of Photoshop. After completing this tutorial, you'll be familiar with the tools and techniques used to create a stunning logo animation all right inside of Photoshop. Software required: Photoshop CS6 Extended.
Table of contents
- Bringing in the Illustrator Logo and Extruding It 7m
- Aligning and Orienting the Two Pieces of Our Logo 12m
- Adding a Bevel to the Extruded Faces of Our Logo 10m
- Modifying the Materials for Our Logo 11m
- Creating a Ground Plane to Catch Shadows and Reflections 10m
- Adding and Editing Lighting for Our Scene 10m
- Creating a Video Timeline and Adding Keyframes 10m
- Exporting a Rendered Video 6m