Getting Started with the Graphite Modeling Tools in 3ds Max
In this course, we will use a number of examples in exploring the Graphite Modeling Tools. Software required: 3ds Max 2010 and up.
What you'll learn
In this course, we will use a number of examples in exploring the Graphite Modeling Tools in 3ds Max and how you can use them in your own projects. The Graphite Modeling Tools will provide you with a wide range of tools to make building models in 3ds Max much easier. Some of the course highlights include using Flow Connect and Set Flow to add resolution while maintaining an object's shape and using tools like paint connect, distance connect, and build corners to quickly create custom topology. Upon completion you'll have a good understanding of the Graphite Tools and how you can put them to use. In order to get a complete view of the Graphite Tools set, the Using the Freeform Modeling Tools course is a highly recommended complement. Software required: 3ds Max 2010 and up.
Table of contents
- Modifying Selections 9m
- Using Swiftloop to Quick Add Resolution 4m
- Using Flow Connect and Set Flow to Maintain Shapes 5m
- Using the Loop Tools to Quickly Modify Edge Loops 7m
- Using Distance Connect and Random Connect 6m
- Using Paint Connect with Build Corners 8m
- Using the Symmetry Tools 6m
- Generating Procedural Topology 5m
- Tweaking UVs in the Viewport and Quadrifying Meshes 5m